What is a mommy makeover?
It is a combined operation that usually consists of shaping the tummy and raising the breasts as well as enlarging them with implants, often done together with a liposuction procedure. Quite often after a pregnancy or after losing a lot of weight, the breasts can sag and become thinner, and an excess of skin can gather in the abdominal area. Due to stretched abdominal muscles, the abdominal wall weakens and a "protruding abdomen" is created, which cannot be eliminated neither by diet nor exercise. A mommy makeover operation helps to get rid of these consequences.
How is the operation done?
The Mommy makeover operation usually consists of two parts and it takes about 6 hours. It is only possible to have the operation if the BMI (body mass index) is less than 30.
This is a surgical operation to correct the deformed abdominal wall. The operation is done under general anaesthetic. Depending on its scope, it may take 2–4 hours. The incision is made at the base of the abdomen, from hip to hip. If the problem is just flabby abdominal muscles, without excess skin, and if the skin retains enough elasticity, a partial tummy reshaping operation may be done.
The tummy reshaping operation is often coordinated with removal of fat from the abdominal and waistline areas by liposuction. In places where this procedure has been done, the fat cells do not grow back. If the patient subsequently puts on weight, the new fat gets distributed equally all over the body.
The operation is performed due to the decreased firmness of the skin over time and the loss of youthful form, after childbirth or after losing a lot of weight. The operation is performed under general anaesthesia and usually takes up to 3 hours. Breast lifting is often performed in conjunction with augmentation of the breast implants, in order to give the breast the desired shape. Implants can be round or drop-shaped (‘anatomical’), of various volumes and weights.
Depending on the individual situation (degree of breast sagging, shape), the incision is made only around the nipple areole or additionally cut vertically down from the areole and in the fold under the breast. A slight scar remains at the incision sites.
Post-operative care and convalescence
- Patients spend two days in the hospital after the breast enhancement surgery;
- Convalescence time can be 1–3 weeks, depending on the complexity and duration of the operation;
- During this time, the patient may feel vague pain and see bruises and swelling;
- For several days after the operation, caution should be exercised with daily activities;
- During convalescence, the patient should not lift heavy weights or play sport vigorously, and should avoid highly active physical exertion;
- Swelling may be evident for up to six months, and in some cases even longer. After surgery, a course of lymphatic drainage massage is recommended, which reduces swelling and promotes faster healing.
Why "Fi Clinica"?
We are a team of professionals who can provide the highest level of service. The clinic employs experts with international experience in their field. We care that your beauty and health are in safe hands.
Geography of operations
Why is it worth having the operation in Lithuania?
- Excellent cost/quality ratio;
- You will be cared for by specialists of the highest order;
- Fi Clinic has international experience and it has earned the trust of clients;
- You can have the initial consultation in your country of residence (UK, Eire, Denmark);
- All the information and the consultations are available in English;
- Our specialists will give you all the information you need before the operation, they will answer any questions you may have and they will help you plan your trip as required;
The trip is extremely simple and convenient – a short flight is waiting for you. The airport is only 19 minutes away from the Fi Clinic by car. The clinic is located in the city centre, surrounded by an oak grove, and one of the largest shopping centres is in the immediate vicinity.
Register for a consultation and our specialists will answer your questions and will advise which solution is the most suitable for you.
Are you unsure?
Write to us.