For patients who would like to escape the above-mentioned depilation-related discomfort, our dermatologists offer a special laser procedure to safely remove both light and dark hair. Laser hair removal procedure does not damage skin and does not cause ingrown hair.
The biggest advantage of laser hair removal is permanent reduction of hair. The permanent effect of laser hair removal is created through destruction of hair follicles and of the surrounding cells that produce hair. Unlike other hair removal methods, this procedure does not irritate skin, prevents ingrown hair and formation of pus-filled spots or post-inflammation pigmentation. The procedure leaves the skin smoother and brighter.
The best results are achieved when hair removal procedure is performed during cold season of the year when the skin is naturally lighter (reduced amount of the dark pigment melanin in the skin) as compared to hair which retain their melanin at all times. In this way a perfect contract between the skin and hair is created enabling the laser to work more effectively. The risk of pigmentation is lower during spring, autumn, and winter because of lower amounts of direct sunlight and UV rays, therefore dermatovenerologists recommend to have laser procedures performed during the cold periods of the year.
The number of sessions required shall be determined by dermatovenerologists during consultation having taken into account the patient's situation and expectation, however, a course of 4-6 sessions on the average is usually recommended. Periods between the sessions can vary from 4 to 10 weeks, and later 1-2 sessions per year are enough to maintain the results.
Laser treatment can be used:
- to remove facial and neck hair (upper lip, chin, cheeks, forehead, nose, sideburns, or full face and neck hair);
- to remove underarm hair;
- to remove pubic hair;
- to remove hair from arms (forearms, upper arms, hands, finger hair);
- to remove hair around nipples;
- to remove female chest hair;
- to remove male chest hair;
- to remove leg hair (shins, knees, thighs, full leg hair)
- to remove hair from buttocks;
- to remove hair from shoulder strap;
- to remove hair from the back;
- to remove stomach hair for both men and women.