The thigh lift is particularly actual for patients who has lost major weight when the excess skin and fat layer appear in the thighs.
How the surgery is performed?
The surgery is performed under general anesthesia and lasts for 2-3 hours. Excess skin is removed during the surgery. The incisions are usually made along the limb making efforts that the
postsurgical scar will be at least visible.
The incision is made in the internal area of the thigh. The postsurgical scar is visible only from the side and is unnoticeable from the front or the back. During the surgery, the excess skin and fat layer are removed from the internal areas of the thighs, narrowing the volume of the thighs and giving them more firmness. Often this surgery is combined with fat sucking from the other thigh areas, making the thighs more contoured.
The lift procedure can be combined with fat sucking. Whereas the fatty cells do not grow back in the suction areas, even if a patient put on weight, new fat evenly accumulates throughout the body.
Postsurgical care and healing
- A smoother, tighter thigh contour is noticeable immediately after the surgery;
- A slight, thin scar will remain in the incision point, which starts fading after 8-12 weeks from the surgery and becomes hardly noticeable later;
- The postsurgical scars should be protected from direct sunlight for at least half a year. The results of the thigh lift are long-lasting, but they largely depend on a patient’s lifestyle, diet and physical activity;
- It is required to follow low-intensity regimen during a healing period – to fail smoking for two weeks after the surgery, because smoking adversely affects blood circulation and can disorder wound healing;
- It is required to avoid physical exertion, active leisure, doing sports;
- The surgery is dangerous for patients suffering from diabetes and other related diseases – there is a higher risk of worse healing;
- Special compression garments should be worn for 6-8 weeks after the surgery and dressing should be changed every 2-3 days;
- When non-absorbable sutures are used during the surgery, they are removed after 2 weeks;
- In order to achieve the maximum result after the surgery, a course of individual lymph drainage massage is recommended.